If you haven't read the previous blog, please start there and then come back. God has given me an amazing day of comfort and confirmation.....
I received this message in an email from Dad a few minutes ago:
"I heard Pastor Tim's sermon this morning about being thankful. In the sermon he quoted Proverbs 3:5-6. I immediately thought of our conversation this morning while you were driving to church. On the way home, I mentioned this to Paula and she commented that she had prayed these verses for D and K just a few days ago.
"In reading those verses after getting home, I also noted three others that have some degree of relevance to the situation. It is your power to act on behalf of the adoption and it in within our power to act to help you as you act on their behalf.
"Proverbs 3: 5-6, 25-27 (NIV)
'5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, 26 for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. 27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. ' "
The last few verses there remind me of the closing song in worship this morning, "Healing Rain" (http://www.christianlyricsonline.com/artists/michael-w-smith/healing-rain.html). I stood with joy, my hands to heaven, as we sang, "Healing rain is falling down. Healing rain is falling down. I'm not afraid! I'm not afraid!" What a blessing that we don't have to live in fear.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess all I can say is "WOW!". Your experiences take me back to when we went through those "ups and downs". It's so hard, but you grow so much in your relationship with God. We celebrated our ten-year family day last Wednesday. Thank you for reminding me of the joy and pain and of God's amazing work in our lives. We are praying for you and love you.
I was telling Becky, the host mom for Dima and Kristina, about your family last week. I told her that was.....(subtracting years in my head).....oh my goodness, it was 10 years ago! I remember the frustration and tears we all (but especially you) went through, but even more, I remember the joy I felt the day you called and told me the wonderful news and the late night that I knelt beneath the Christmas tree and kissed the beautiful faces of those two precious sleeping angels for the first time. What an amazing gift these 10 years have been! We love you all too!
Post a Comment