Monday, December 08, 2008

Lots Happening These Days!

It's been far too long since my last "real" post. Sorry. We've had a lot of curveballs thrown at us these last few weeks....some phenomenally wonderful and others slightly annoying. Unfortunately, I can't share everything with you YET. But soon I will tell all, when we are able to do so.

Our great news today is that our updated paperwork if FINALLY on its way to Russia!!!!! We are now hoping against the odds for a travel date in late December or early January, before the Russian people take their Orthodox Christmas holiday, which lasts most of the month of January. For those of you who do not already know, very little official business happens during January because of the Christmas season. If not, we hope to travel in February. I'll keep you posted! I can think of no greater gift (except bringing them home) than to finally meet our children just in time for their Christmas!

We have been so blessed to watch several friends travel to Taiwan, China and Russia in the last month to bring children home! It brings us such hope and joy!!! We are praying for you all!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Praying hard you can travel in December! That would be such a blessing!

Amy said...

Hoping and praying that you get travel dates for the end of December.

Can't wait to hear what's been going on with you; I;ve missed your posts.

Anonymous said...

That would be SWEET! I can think of no better Christmas gift for all you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear there been some progress. Thank GOD!!! You know God will reward you guys for being so patient. I pray for all of you and hope everything will go well Love YA

Lori Heinrich said...

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! The fact that we don't have the kids yet is not nearly as discouraging as the fact that the kids don't have their family yet. I'm sure you know what I mean. Becky, you all have been on my mind several times this week. It's great to hear from you!