Saturday, April 19, 2008

Busy, Beautiful Day

Whew! I am pooped!

I discovered late this morning that before he left for work my wonderful husband had taken the flat tire off of our riding mower, so it could be taken to the shop for repair. He also retrieved the push mower from the basement, so I could mow if I wanted. Garin and I picked up some Subway for Karl's lunch at 11:30. (We had eaten a late breakfast and weren't hungry yet.) We dropped Karl's sandwich at his office, dropped the tire off and bought some pretty flowers and herbs for our planters. We came home and had our lunch, and Garin went to bed for a nap. He was so kind to sleep for almost 3 hours today! I got the yard mowed and all of the flowers planted! This yard is really too big for a push mower, but I got a really good workout and some much-needed sun. I won't be pushing again if I can help it, though!

Tonight we bought 3 pizzas and dropped them off for Karl and the people who work for him in the mobility office. They have been there since early this morning and will be there until late tonight. They were so busy that leaving for food is an impossibility. I feel so sorry for Karl. He feels like he hardly sees us lately because of this exercise, and he had no time with Garin last night either. He is hoping that he might be able to wait until noon to go in tomorrow. At least we could go to church as a family that way....or he may want to rest. We'll see.

It's been a gorgeous day! Garin has had a great time playing outside, and I think he's finally back into a shorts and t-shirts frame of mind, thankfully. For the last few weeks, he went ballistic anytime I put something on him that didn't reach all the way to his wrists and ankles!

I'm ready to shower and go to bed! Hopefully Garin will cooperate at bedtime, in spite of his long nap.

No comments: