Monday, October 20, 2008

Garin never just says, "please." It always goes like this: "Say? I say pweez! THEEEETHE!" It's so funny, and he is quite sure that it will get him anything. Tonight he didn't want to go to bed, so we heard it several times.

Matt had a fun day! In his Trig class today, the teacher said that she had a couple of her juniors on the Math Team who couldn't make the meet today and asked if any juniors in the class would be interested in filling a space, so the team could compete. Matt volunteered. He had considered trying out for the team but decided his schedule was already full enough with band and cross country. He went to the meet and took 5th place out of 18 people on the individual test, and he received a ribbon. His team took 4th place, but he got every question correct on the team test, and was, therefore, the strongest member of his team. He was so pleased, as is his math-loving mama! He is going to be allowed to compete again in the last meet of the season and will be on the team next year. YAY MATTY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, another mathlete...did I ever tell you I was on the math team when I was in high school? It was fun. I hope he enjoys it!

Table for Six said...

Just read the news on FB.. what is up?? we LOVE it there.. not saying much just incase I am not suppose to..
do tell all!
Jill