I'm sure every Christian mother, like I, longs for God to make Himself known to our children in very real and powerful ways as they grow. We all want them to know God's love and His character as well as they know their own parents. In the picture perfect moments, this is an easy, almost romantic task: happy, fulfilled mother has completed all her daily chores and has just emerged from a relaxing bubble bath before sitting at the bedside of her peacefully sleeping little angel to pray over him or her. It's nice when it works, but it doesn't always...or even usually. Angie Smith over at Bring the Rain: The Story of Audrey Caroline has posted a great blog about how God prompted her to pray over her children seven times a day from Scripture. She explains it all and has posted the verses she is using. I am committing to pray this way for my children, and I would encourage all moms to consider it. The button above will take you to the post.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Let's Pray Over Our Children
I'm sure every Christian mother, like I, longs for God to make Himself known to our children in very real and powerful ways as they grow. We all want them to know God's love and His character as well as they know their own parents. In the picture perfect moments, this is an easy, almost romantic task: happy, fulfilled mother has completed all her daily chores and has just emerged from a relaxing bubble bath before sitting at the bedside of her peacefully sleeping little angel to pray over him or her. It's nice when it works, but it doesn't always...or even usually. Angie Smith over at Bring the Rain: The Story of Audrey Caroline has posted a great blog about how God prompted her to pray over her children seven times a day from Scripture. She explains it all and has posted the verses she is using. I am committing to pray this way for my children, and I would encourage all moms to consider it. The button above will take you to the post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lori, sending out an SOS. our friends are in china and foster family will not bring child in.. PRAY and send out an SOS. Mom's name is Kathy. She is here in US with other kids. Andy (the dad) is in China...
jill
Post a Comment