Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Karl's Job

We got some good news yesterday! It looks like Karl will soon be back to the squadron! While the Wing job has been a great learning opportunity and career-building experience for him, it has kept him so busy that he hasn't flown enough. It has also taken a huge bite out of family time. He got word yesterday that they are looking for his replacement. (Wing jobs that use "borrowed" people like this usually only last one year, and Karl's hits the year mark in May.) They have wisely decided to use a non-flyer in this position until they can hire a civilian to fill it. Karl has repeatedly told him that this is not a job for a flyer unless there is an assistant who is in the office full-time. It is nearly impossible for him to go on missions because the job demands daily attention. We are looking forward to him settling back into a squadron desk job and flying more, so he can get his Instructor Pilot rating before we leave Dover!

Garin and I are headed to Rehoboth Beach today to do a little outlet-mall shopping. They have three big Tanger Outlet Malls there; I'm sure we won't have time to hit them all, unfortunately. I know which stores I most want to see, so we'll start there.

No comments: