Monday, March 17, 2008

I Sold Out :o(

I'm officially a suburban housewife...a soccer mom. I have sworn for all of the almost-sixteen years of my oldest son's life that I would not drive a minivan. Not that there is anything wrong with driving a minivan or anything wrong with the driver of one. It was just a personal preference, a desire to somehow remain "with it" while still fulfilling the wonderful, joyous obligations of motherhood. But the time has come, and I caved. Karl has been talking about buying a minivan for months. The conversations began when we started trying to figure out how we could manage a family of six with our SUV. I am still in love with that 2004 Mercury Mountaineer and managed to keep Karl from selling it for quite some time, but I lost the battle today. The selling point for me was the navigation system. I sold my soul for GPS. After my adventure to Harrisburg on Friday, the desire for GPS was too strong to fight.

Truthfully, I LOVE the car from the inside: leather seats, DVD system, definitely lots more room for the family. I even like the burgundy color of the exterior, but it's a minivan. I'll get used to it. Who knows? Maybe I'll even learn to embrace the idea, but it will take me awhile. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the features and remember why we bought it. I think in the long run, we'll be very glad we did.

We got a great deal on the van and a great trade-in, and our car payment won't change more than a few cents.

In other news, we did some fun shopping for Matt and Garin this afternoon and have a very busy day planned for tomorrow. We are going to Rehoboth Beach (never made it past the Dover mall today) in an effort to find the perfect running shoe for Matt, and then we're all going to run/walk/ride in stroller in the monthly 5K Warrior Run here on base at 3 pm. Tomorrow night is an early praise team rehearsal this week, as our Holy Thursday service is in our usual practice time.

Hope you've all had a blessed day!!!

No comments: