We have been in need of a focal point in our front entry hall since we moved into this house. This week, I finally took matters into my own hands! I made a trip to Michael's yesterday afternoon and picked up a pretty pot and some silk flowers to create an arrangement.
It's been about 12 years since I've done any floral design. I didn't really think I missed it. In fact, as I recall, the last time I did an arrangement, I was so unhappy with it that I lost interest altogether. But I spent the last hour putting this baby together, and I am so happy with it!
The photos don't look as good as the real thing (they never do)....bad lighting, bad focus....but I am proud to share my latest creation. I figure it's not too shabby for someone who hasn't stretched her creativity/color/texture muscles in a long time!

Here it is on my great-grandmother's dresser, where it will spend the next year or so, at least. I refinished this dresser several years ago. The mirror is in the basement and will soon be making its way up to join the party. As you can see, Harvey is going to be a challenge, I'm afraid!

2 comments:
You are so right, your Harvey looks like our LeBrini. Well, when she had hair (he he he). By any chance did you get him from a cattery in State College, PA?
And your floral arrangement isn't too shabby, very nice. I envy people that can do floral arrangements. Whenever my K gets me roses, I can never get it to look as good as when they first arrive. I think, do I really need to cut off the stems?
We got Harvey at Chesapeake Rags in Havre de Grace, MD. I looked at some catteries in PA, but I started looking at the closer ones first, and I fell in love with Harvey at first sight. That's my MO - I never look at more than one! I'm such a softie!
I had fun working with flowers again! It won't win any awards, but I was pleased with my first effort in so many years.
I am praying for you all as we wait together. I hope Boo and Hoo, and D & K, get to come home soon!
Post a Comment