Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Praying for Adoptive Families

So many of us are waiting, and most of us have no idea why it's taking so long! Amy, my sweet blog friend, posted a comment on my last entry, asking for prayer for their adoption process. They have already been on the first trip to meet their children but have been waiting months (like 4 or 5!) for a court date. Please pray with me that things will move forward for them and the two little ones who are waiting for Mama and Papa to come get them.

We, too, are feeling the pain of waiting. It's been 19 months since we began this process. We were told a month ago that we could travel this month, but our homestudy caseworker and adoption caseworker have taken a month to finally discuss the home study addendum (the last document needed for Russia to extend our travel invitation. They are not in agreement as to format and wording. Meanwhile, our children go to bed one more night without a family. Please pray that they will stop procrastinating, come to an agreement and get this thing finished quickly, so that we will be able to meet D & K.

So many families are waiting, and even more children are waiting. It's National Adoption Month, so it would be a great time to lift up all adoptive families in prayer and consider what role you might play in helping these children!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for mentioning my prayer request.

I don't think I will ever understand why it is so hard to adopt. I know everyone is working for the best interest of the children. But why do they wait until the last minute? Why can't different areas work together?

Lori, we pray for you too that soon, very soon, you'll get your call and that we ALL have our own Christmas miracle happen this year.

Hugs, Amy

PS...it's a new day :)

Nerissa Alford said...

Hi Lori
I continue to keep you & your family in my prayers. I can't even imagine what you are going through. You are all so strong.
It was great to see you! I wish I could have stayed longer. I'm so glad you are enjoying your bracelet. It's comments like that, that make creating so worthwhile. Thank you!
Take care
Nerissa

Table for Six said...

thanks for the prayers my dear friend! we are praying for you too.. and all the orphans in this world.
love jill