Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fever's down!

Garin is still stuffy and not feeling well, but he doesn't have fever this morning and seems to be feeling a bit better. He slept from 9:30 to 6:30 - not as long as usual, but enough that I was able to get a decent night's rest, thankfully.

It's an incredible morning here. The sky is the bluest blue, temps in the low 50's, bright sunshine. It's like a summer day in Colorado! Speaking of Colorado, I heard that they're getting some good snow already. I am really missing our cozy little cabin, the sound of the creek barrelling down out of the mountains, and that wonderful smell of fresh earth and spruce trees. I'd like to walk up to the falls today...any takers??? OY! We've got to get back one of these summers. For those of you who never went with us, it must be as close as you can get to heaven without dying. It's like God just permeates every atom in the air; you can almost breathe Him in. I can sit on a rock by the creek and just hear His voice like nowhere else. You can see Him in every direction. I can't explain it, but it feels as much like home as anywhere I've lived.

No comments: