Sunday, September 17, 2006

WE HAD A BLAST!!!

Karl danced the soles off his shoes!!!!!! No kidding - he DESTROYED the heels of his shoes. Chunks are falling off of them! And Garin was good for the babysitter. He knew we were leaving, and he got VERY clingy to me before (and after) the sitter arrived. I don't know how he knew, but the minute she walked in and said hello to him, he started crying and hugging me.....SO not like him. But she said he was really easy once we left and went to bed fine. WHEW! Here are a couple of pictures of us. Am I really that fat??? Even after losing 13 lbs.??? Maybe it's just "the girls" making me look bigger than I really am. ;o) Oh, well. My husband thought I was hot. That's all that matters. The photographer there said we were the best photo of the night. Maybe I won't look as fat in those.


Oh! (Mom will appreciate this.) Karl's squadron commander came up to me and said congratulations. I had no clue why and looked at him rather blankly apparently. Karl said, "Oh, I hadn't gotten a chance to tell her yet." So Lt. Col. Murphy told me that I'd been named the Spouse of the Quarter (or something like that) nominee for our squadron because of the craft show and website stuff, and from what I understand they choose one of the nominees for the wing spouse of the quarter. Pretty cool! I think his wife should have been the nominee instead, but it meant a lot to me that they thought of me. I'm such a cheeseball; I got a little teary-eyed. Karl is supposed to forward the email to me that he got about it on Friday.

No comments: