My poor little punkin...
Garin woke me up just after I finally got to sleep last night. It was so weird. He was fine when I put him to bed, but just a few hours later, he was horribly congested - coughing, runny nose, sneezing. Poor fella was almost inconsolable. We were up and down a few times in the night, but he just can't sleep well because he's so miserable. This is his first big illness, and I feel so bad for him. The faucet in his little nose is just wide open, and his little eyes are puffy and watery. He developed a fever this afternoon, and that's when I realized we have about one drop of Motrin in the bottle. I gave him Tylenol, and Daddy is getting more Motrin on his way home from work.
I was supposed to go to a TV interview about the craft show, but that's not gonna happen for me today. Someone else will have to go in my place. I am not going to leave him tonight.
Karl came home for a couple of hours this morning to stay with Garin, so I didn't miss my first day of our bowling league. I had a great time and enjoyed getting to know my partner. She's 60 and the wife of a retired officer. She has rheumatoid arthritis and has a hard time, so she doesn't bowl as well as she used to, but she is still better than me, and she really knows the game. She's a good teacher and is very sweet. This will be a fun way to spend my Wednesday mornings this winter!
It is a gorgeous day here. The temperatures are in the high 60's, and it's been sunny with blue skies until the last hour or so. It's clouded up just a little bit. I have no idea what the forecast is, but we're enjoying the fresh air coming through open windows. It makes me feel a little less like we're marinating in germs.
Guess I'd better go and see to my fussy little sweetheart. He needs lots of extra loving today.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment