Wednesday, February 07, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GARIN!!!

The birthday boy is taking a nap, and I thought I'd stop and share the day so far. We woke up to a few inches of snow this morning, and it has stuck around thanks to the cold temperatures, but it is an absolutely beautiful, sunny, blue-sky day. We sang happy birthday to Garin when he woke up, and Garin and I have devoted much of the day to playing in the living room floor. He is growing up so fast. Yesterday he figured out the play button on his CD player, so he's in control of his own tunes! He has also discovered the secret of the shape sorter toy, and is very proud to put all of the shapes through the correct holes. We do a lot of nodding, head-shaking, ta-daaaing and clapping these days. The piano gets quite a workout, and we have to wave bye-bye to Daddy everytime he leaves. His words now are Mama, Dada, no-no, bye-bye, done, and as of today, peep-eye. (For those who don't know, "peep-eye" is the southern version of peek-a-boo. I grew up thinking everyone played peep-eye, but after living in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, I've learned that this strictly a Southern thing.)

It's hard to believe that a year ago this moment, I was in labor. I couldn't wait to hold him and see his face. The last year has made me realize that he is much more of a miracle than I knew at the time. What a blessing this little boy is!

No comments: