Thursday, April 12, 2007

God's Faithfulness



There is so much going on right now: Karl's deployment and our plans surrounding that, a dog who is becoming a money pit of problems, our heat is out again tonight, and decisions to be made that will affect our future, among other things. I have spent the day getting increasingly anxious over getting things done and finding solutions, and then this happened....
A double rainbow.

Most of you know of my special attachment to double rainbows and how God has repeatedly blessed me with them when I was facing and dealing with hard times. There was one on a mountaintop in Colorado after a particularly painful year in college. Another one appeared when Tim and I first separated, and I was feeling lost and alone. Then there was one when I first started going to Shiloh, and I was trying to find my place in the world. I saw one after a very painful break-up in 2003. Each of these came at a time when I needed to know that God was in control and that He hadn't forgotten me. Each of them gave me hope for the future and peace that it was in His hands. Each one overwhelmed me with joy and emotion and soothed my spirit. And then this happened....

The top photo is looking to the right out our front door; the other is straight across the street. Both rainbows were visible from end to end and incredibly vibrant. Just amazing! I am humbled, thankful and relieved.

No comments: