Sunday, April 01, 2007

Need More Clorox

Well, I talk about how I miss being a day-in, day-out Mom to Matt. I guess I shouldn't complain then when I end up staying up with him half the night while he throws up. Yup, that's right. Another one down with the stomach bug. I don't know how I keep missing out, but I'm thankful. I am, however, no longer deluding myself that I am some kind of antiviral superwoman. As they say, the third time is the charm, and I'm just waiting for it to hit me. But I am prayed up, and God has been informed of just how much I don't want to be sick with Matt here...or at all. Either way, we'll get through it. I've been through more Clorox wipes this week than in the entire year previous, wiping down everything after each episode. And my hands are screaming for mercy from all the handwashing. I feel like the last six months have been a test of my endurance with all the colds and tummy bugs we've seen, but spring is here, and I am claiming this round as the very last of the illness for our family this year. Except for feeling tired today, Matt's almost back to normal and making plans for the rest of his time here. I made some chicken noodle soup at his request, and he ate a full bowl. He feels that homemade chocolate chip cookies will bring him back to his normal self, so we're working on those now. There isn't much else to tell, as this has been a very lazy but not altogether horrible day for us.

No comments: