Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Homeward Bound!
We have scheduled a trip back home for May 11-May 20!!! As I mentioned yesterday, my grandparents are dealing with some health issues, and my parents are unable to come see us, so we're taking the show on the road. Garin and I haven't seen them since November when we made a short trip home for my Papaw's funeral, and Karl hasn't been home since last summer. Mom and Dad were kind enough to pay our airfare since they would have been paying theirs to come here had they been able to travel. I am excited because the first Saturday we're there is the "cemetery working" at Woods. This is an annual event for the tiny community, and many people return from all over to be there. We will spruce up the cemetery and then share a potluck lunch on the grounds. I remember it from my childhood and am so happy to be going back to see all of our relatives, close and distant, on Dad's side! Karl has never seen my grandparents' farm or the cemetery where we will someday be buried. I know it must sound morbid, but it is a very special place where many generations are buried. It is all family or very dear friends of my grandparents, great- and great-great- grandparents.) There is history there, and I am so excited to share it with Karl. And I can't wait to see our families!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment