Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blessed News and Broken Hearts

It has been a busy day in the adoption world for two families.

Some of our face-to-face friends have seen a miracle happen today. God placed a specific child on their hearts to adopt, but the child was not free for adoption. In obedience and anticipation, they began the paperwork, so they could be ready to go when God started moving mountains. Today they were matched with that child that God placed on their hearts long ago! I will say no more, as I don't want to hijack their story. When they have a chance to put it in their own words, I'll share a link, but let's keep praising God for what He has done and what He is going to do.

Some blog friends are living with us in the roller-coaster world of "yippee, here we go - no, wait, nevermind." They expected to travel to meet their kids this month and learned today that it has been put on hold. I know how that feels all too well, and it really stinks. I am praying that they will have peace, strength and resolve to get them through until God works His plan in their lives.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you again. Your thoughts and prayers really mean alot during this time. We are all in this together.

On a sillier note, did Harvey go for his grooming appointment yet? I would love to see pictures.

Amy said...

Oopps, accidently left this out of my previous post. Congratulations to the family that was matched.

Lori Heinrich said...

Harvey was groomed this week! We don't have him shaved, so he doesn't look much different, but he does feel better! I'll try to get some new pics on the blog tomorrow.