Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

I am blessed to have two amazing fathers in my life: my own father and the father of my children! I love you both and am so thankful for you!!!

I forgot to mention Friday that one of our dossier documents has been rewritten and approved. That leaves one more to go, and then I get to go on my apostilling journeys again....something to look forward to (?). We pray that we will soon be a family of six.

It's been a long, busy weekend, and I am wiped out! We had a great time at both the Wing Picnic on Friday and the squadron pig roast/picnic last night! The squadron recognized the commander, who will be moving to the Pentagon. He and his wife and kids are just really exceptional people who have worked so hard during their time here to look after their people and families. It is normal to say nice things about a leaving commander, but I was really struck last night, as person after person got up to speak and said that he was the best leader they had seen, not only in the squadron, but throughout their careers. And each speaker became emotional as they spoke. High and well-deserved praise. They will be deeply missed, but we are so fortunate to have another awesome couple stepping in to fill their shoes!

I gave Karl a Wii for Father's Day (a couple of days early), and we have been obsessed. We can't seem to get to bed at a decent hour, which is unfortunate since Garin does not sleep in. And he woke up sick in the night last night. Today has been a blur of medicine, snot and tears (his, not mine...yet). I am so tired!

Karl headed out today on a mission, but we expect it to be a short one, assuming he doesn't get stuck somewhere for a week like he did last month! We have several fun things going on: bowling and lunch with 'the girls' tomorrow, spouses' social Tuesday, and Killen's Pond Water Park with friends and kids on Wednesday. Perhaps the most exciting thing is that Harvey, our Ragdoll cat, is FINALLY going to the groomer. He is in desperate need of a beauty treatment!

Tomorrow is my big boy's birthday. Matt will be *gasp* sixteen!!!! I tend to think I am still about sixteen most of the time. Nothing like your "baby" getting a driver's license to send you crashing back into reality!

1 comment:

Charles Risinger said...

Thank you for your kind words. I too am blessed to have two wonderful daughters with wonderful families. We are blessed!