It's been a good day! Karl passed his annual air-refueling checkride with flying (hehe) colors, and we celebrated at Olive Garden. He'll be leaving near the end of the week to go on a mission, which doesn't thrill me on a personal level, but I'm glad he'll be able to get another trip under his belt and another step closer to Aircraft Commander.
Garin and I did some grocery shopping this afternoon and loaded up on candy-making supplies. It's always fun to do the Christmas goodies!
I got some of the sweetest emails from Joan, Chris (Dickenson), Kim (Marks) and Karen yesterday and today. I am so thankful for friends and family like you all, and I promise to write each of you personally soon.
Please, everyone, keep Kim and her family in your prayers. Her dad died just a few months ago, and her mom has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Kim expects that she may lose both parents within a year of each other. She seems to be okay, but it has to be so hard. Also, my high school (and lifelong) friends, Debi & Peter, need prayer. Peter also has recently learned after exploratory surgery that he has cancer and is facing treatment. They're waiting for a spot at MD Anderson and having a gazillion tests done right now. My next-door neighbor, Julie, is suffering through the last of her chemo....YAY! One more treatment, and she is hopefully done forever. The doctors believe she will fully recover. Cancer just seems to be all around me these days. It's so scary, but it's exciting to see people fighting and surviving!
I don't have much to report today. It was mostly boring, which is not an altogether bad thing. Thank God for plain-jane, nothing-eventful days!!!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment