Wednesday, November 22, 2006

PERFECT day for staying in and cooking!

We awoke this morning to clouds - the kind that look like they could drop several inches of snow in no time if it were just a few degrees colder. They have just begun to empty themselves in the form of rain. It's dark outside and so cozy in here! And it's beginning to smell like Thanksgiving! Garin is already down for his morning nap, and I will soon follow suit, but first I had to start Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey breast is seasoned and roasting in the oven, and the clove-studded, molasses-coated ham just joined it in there. I figure I can sleep for about an hour before the ham needs to come out. I'd really prefer to curl up on the couch with some hot cocoa and a good book, but I have a late night ahead and should try to rest. I still need to bake pies, make cornbread for dressing and get the cranberry-apple chutney going, but those can wait until Karl gets home this afternoon. He can watch Garin while I cook...or maybe I'll just do it now. The sleepiness seems to have left me. That usually happens when I have a few minutes to myself. I'm always torn between making the most of my precious free time or catching up on some long-lost sleep.

Either way, I guess I should choose and get to it! Happy day before Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: