Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lovin' the new steam-cleaner!!!

I cleaned the kitchen and den rugs today and am very pleased with the results!!!

I also did the whole-house cleaning and laundry, so I can devote tomorrow to cooking and resting. It will be a late evening for us, as Matt's plane doesn't land here until 11:30 tomorrow night.

I'm still not feeling great today, but not awful either. Of course, I always feel better after I get the house spic and span!!!

Garin has been hiding behind anything he can find today to play peek-a-boo. It's so funny to watch him crouch down or tip his head way over until he can't see us, then spring back up and grin from ear to ear. He can stand on his own now, but he doesn't know it yet. Karl and I both, at different times, eased our hands off of him today, and he stood for a few seconds on his own before realizing that he wasn't supported. Then he promptly lowered himself to hands and knees. He's walking all over the place holding our hands, and I suddenly noticed how tall he's gotten! I don't have to bend over nearly as far as I used to to help him walk.

I have watched parents and grandparents arrive at my neighbors' houses all day today. Hugs and kisses in driveways....I'm so jealous. But I'm thankful to have had time with them this month, and we are looking forward to Matt's arrival. Our Thanksgiving will not be simple, exactly, but we'll have the standards: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy (Karl hates sweet potatoes), green beans, Memaw's cornbread dressing, cranberry-apple chutney, Big Mama's rolls, pumpkin pie (for Matt) and pecan pie (for Karl). I love Thanksgiving! And I'm ready to decorate for Christmas! Matt says he'd rather I wait until next week, but I'm going to try to talk him and Karl into helping me this weekend.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hope you're all dreaming of heaping helpings of all your favorite dishes, too!

No comments: