Boy, what a great rainy day! It's just a bit chilly (mid-60's) and would be the perfect afternoon to simmer autumn's first pot of chili if I wasn't so busy trying to tie up loose ends for the craft show this afternoon. I can be certain, though, that there will be plenty of other perfect chili evenings to follow. We'll do it next time.
Garin has added a yucky cough to his repertoire of cold-induced body noises. The poor child can't catch a break this month. At least the fever has stayed away for three days now.
Karl had some things he could do from home, so he came back and stayed while I went to my bowling league. I had a great time as always, but my bowling today could best be described as inconsistent. My games ranged in score from 82 to 116 before my handicap was added. I think that is the worst game I've ever bowled!
I spent yesterday evening at a lovely squadron spouses' social. We stuffed Halloween goody bags for a local orphanage. Of course we all brought a ton of candy and treats, but I wish we could give those kids what they really want: forever homes. Maybe if we each just took one home with us....
This afternoon I got a phone call. I left the living room for less than two minutes to write down a phone number, and by the time I went back, I found Garin almost at the top of the stairs. We have got to get another gate for the bottom of the stairs! He's so fast now. And have I mentioned how precious he is? What is it about the word "No" that makes children smile and giggle??? Matt thought it was the funniest word in the world, and I might as well have said, "I double-dog dare you!" Garin gets that same look on his face and seems to have the same determination to find out if I really mean it. Of course, he's too young to fully understand or to have consequences, but it's time to start learning about boundaries, I suppose.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment