God bless Tammy! Our Wing Commander's wife was kind enough to take over the publicity for the craft show, and she's doing a phenomenal job. We had an OSC Board meeting this morning, then she, Carla and Shauna came over and had lunch, and we worked on final preparations. Things are going amazingly smoothly at this point, considering all the hurdles we've encountered.
On a funny side note, Tammy says we'll have to fix Matt up with her daughter, who's also 14. I don't know if she's serious, but I know Matt would like to know someone his age here on base that he could do stuff with.
Garin's flirtatiousness is becoming outrageous!!! He's got the looks and the grins down, and he loves the ladies. I don't know where he gets that! ;o) He is just getting so cute and so fun. He spends most of his awake time standing and trying to climb anything in sight. Toys are boring because he has to sit down to play with them. Did I mention yesterday that Tooth #6 has arrived? That's three new ones in just over a week. Slobbering has decreased, but who knows if that will last for long?
I found an easy, easy recipe yesterday in one of my cookbooks that I made for dessert today. You slice a frozen pound cake (while still frozen) into several layers. Spread raspberry jam between the layers. Melt 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave and stir in 1 cup sour cream, 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 tsp. of raspberry liquer (which I didn't have, so I used amaretto). Use this to frost the cake and refrigerate. It was quick, simple and yummy.
The base is having an air show this weekend, so this place will be a zoo! There are all sorts of great flying demonstrations and static displays. I'm volunteering to help both days, but there is a shuttle from housing over to the show. At least I won't have to fight traffic! It is neat when the public can come and see what is happening right down the street from them. I remember going to the Air Show at Scott AFB before I was married to the military; it's very exciting when you don't see it all the time. I actually have not been inside a C-5 since two days before Matt was born (over 14 years ago!) at the Scott AFB show. I've only been inside the simulator here. I'm looking forward to touring the real jet again and seeing where my husband spends so much of his time!
We are, unfortunately, missing a great worship conference with the praise team next week. I don't have a babysitter, and Karl can't take leave. It would be too hard for me to go alone and try to keep up with Garin the whole time. He's so busy now. I know that God has a plan that I don't understand. We have prayed for this to work out, but it didn't, so I know there is a reason. I will be able to stay plenty busy here, but I hope it doesn't affect our ability to serve in worship.
It's cloudy and cool today and supposed to stay that way. I guess yesterday was probably our last really warm day this year. I'm very ready for fall, but I wish we could skip straight from there to spring! Of course, winter affords us that wonderful rest that we need and can't seem to get in the summer....time to read, sew, knit, crochet...time to snuggle up with the family and a good movie....time to clear out the closets of stuff that should have been given away a long time ago!
I hope you all have a wonderful, happy day and a great weekend ahead!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment