We slept until 8 am, which is a miracle in itself. Garin is a very early riser, but he was so exhausted from our trip that he slept late this morning. He didn't sleep well at all on our visit to IL (consequently, neither did we). He is clearly a homebody like his Mama! His mood has improved dramatically since our return.
Matt had a big race today, but the temps were in the mid-90's there, and the kids all had a hard time. Matt's time, as well as the times of all of his teammates, were slower than usual. There were some kids from other teams who ended up in the hospital, and Maddie (of whom some of you have heard) had to drop out because her blood sugar went through the roof (484, I believe Matt said). He was disappointed that he wasn't able to do better, speed-wise, but he did place higher than he has before. Last night, I got to help him with his Algebra II homework! Of course, it was over the phone, so I had to get a sheet of scratch paper (sorry, Dad, couldn't resist). It was nice to be useful to Matt AND practice my math!!!
Karl had the day off and got some things done around here. He's starting work on his Master's degree next week and had some things he needed to do in preparation. He is such a sweetheart! I was listening to Terri Clark's song, "She Didn't Have Time," today on the radio and thinking how much it applied to me in different phases of my life. When I take time to think about the miracle of how my life has changed, it gets me all choked up. It's not every man that can genuinely love another man's child like his own and give so much of himself.
I went to Karen's today to do a photo shoot for her website. She had a photographer there to get some pictures of her products (mostly ring slings) in use, so Garin and I will soon be "famous" models! It was good to spend some time with her and Isabella. Seems like we're always trying to get together, but half the time something gets in the way. We're hoping to go to the park Friday morning if the weather cooperates.
Bowling tomorrow! Better get my rest, so I'll be strong and up for the challenge! ;o)
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment